Wow! This summer has passed by so quickly, I've hardly had a chance to really enjoy it. I have had some wonderful evenings sitting outside, feeling the breeze, reading, chatting, and just watching the world go by. We have taken a couple of trips. Laughed and ate wonderful barbecues. Had a wonderful hour on the beach during one of the rare misty cool days. Basically, I have been working, dealing with nasty humid days, and looking back fondly on the days of youth when humidity and heat didn't make a person feel like a limp noodle. Much as I try to ignore age - this summer has made me realize I am no longer a 'spring chicken'.
Looking forward now to the cooler days of late summer/early autumn. Less tourists on the beaches, the changing colors of all the plants, new animals migrating through (including the geese grazing in the middle of the traffic circle), and the rich scents of the coming season.
No comments:
Post a Comment