Wow - so long without a post. Just getting on with the business of life these past few months has managed to push some activities not just off my plate, but right onto the floor. Time to evaluate all of those 'activities' to find out what is truly important and soul-feeding.
For most of my life, I have been taking care of others (even before becoming a mother). Somewhere along the line I forgot that I need to take care of myself too. In fact, it seems that I have pushed myself completely off of the "Caring List". As someone very wise once told me, if I don't take care of myself, then I won't be there to take care of everyone/everything else. Thus the need to evaluate the importance ratings on my "Caring List".
Maybe it is time for all of us to evaluate or re-evaluate those importance ratings on our "Caring List" remembering to make time for the importance of taking care of Ourselves (capital intentional) so that we can go on taking care of the other beings and things dear to our hearts.
No comments:
Post a Comment